Position type: Part-time, Contractor position.
Reports to:Director of Community Development
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Primarily responsible for coordinating event production of 1-2 Barista Camps, 4-6 Regional Barista Competitions, and the annual United States Barista Championship. Manages registration, schedules and pre/post event communication pieces to all regional event attendees. Works with selected regional event venues for overall event planning and logistics. Manages event production expenses to corresponding annual budgets. Manages on-site event production logistics and coordination.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
COMPETITIONS, ACTIVITIES and BARISTA GUILD CAMP EVENTS
- Coordinate with Business Development Manager for sponsorship and corresponding marketing deliverables.
- Manage registration process for all competitions including timely communication of schedule updates to event registrants
- Explains Rules and Regulations and other SCAA policies to event attendees
- Manages various checklists of event requirements including, but not limited to, facility requirements, supply lists, expense tracking, and detailed planning calendar/timeline
- Works with event venue team and other sub-contractors for overall event planning and logistics and corresponds to production budget
- Work with marketing and membership team to ensure seamless planning and execution
- Ensures the setup of chairs, tables, stages, signage and all equipment is in accordance with event requirements and with safety standards and fire codes
- Directs the work of event personnel including contractors, volunteers and other key points of contact
- Compiles event reports noting attendance, results, highlights and areas of improvement
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly with SCAA team
- Performs duties associated with final settlement of events, such as charges and final invoices
- Demonstrates commitment to SCAA membership and other coffee enthusiasts by providing superior customer service before, during and after events
GENERAL PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
Event attendee growth, adherence to expense budgets, effective interdepartmental communication, membership retention and growth, and event attendee feedback reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent written & verbal communication
Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
Ability to maintain complete and accurate records
Ability to work as part of a team
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to work without direct supervision
Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED